Friday, April 1, 2011

Recent Happenings in Isha Vidhya......


The art of giving

shriya
Actor Shriya Saran chooses to support Isha Vidhya for the upcoming Joy of Giving Week (September 27 to October 3). With the help of her friends and fans, she is hoping to raise 200 scholarships for Isha Vidhya.

Click here to read more.

Sahana's Book Drive

sahana-book-drive
My name is Sahana Venkatesh (12 years old) and I live in U.S. Reading books is my favorite hobby and when I went to look for books in the small town that I was visiting in India, I found that it was very hard to find books to read. I then realized that children in towns and villages like these across India would be deprived of the pleasure of books for perhaps their whole childhood. Seeing this, I decided that I would start a book drive for these children. I was talking to my mother about starting a club to raise books for India and she brought up IshaVidhya as a possible organization. I jumped on the opportunity and brought it up to my friends and teachers at school. They were excited at the prospect of being able to help other children who lacked the books that they took for granted every day and so I started a book drive with over 15 members helping out to collect books throughout the school. I would like to thank IshaVidhya for providing me this opportunity to contribute a small pebble to the big mountain of social work that Isha is doing. 

LIC donates Rs.25 lakhs

corporate-sponsors
The Life Insurance Corporation of India has donated Rs.25 lakhs to Isha Vidhya. The amount will contribute towards the construction of four class rooms, a library and a toilet block at the Isha Vidhya School in Sandegoundenpalayam, Coimbatore.

Click here to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment